So tonight (or last night, depending on when you read this) was quite the surprise for me. I was chatting in bits & bytes as I usually do when I saw myself get pinged in the Off Topic channel. I didn’t know who pinged me but the message popped up and said “You have a competitor.” What’s that mean?
Well, I scrolled up and saw an old buddy – Philip Adams – in the chat. Not someone I see every day, honestly. He was talking about a game he was announcing. Fishy… Well… I didn’t know what he was talking about but I had a hunch. See, I wasn’t well-caffeinated at the time and I’m still not. Long day coding The Peacenet. But I soon realized what he was doihg when he posted this.
Phil…you dirty birdy… you just leaked my surprise!
What’s the surprise?
Well he gives me no choice but to say it, so I will. I’ve been working behind the scenes for the past few weeks, working on research for a project that I wanted to work on with Phil.
I wanted to give ShiftOS another go, I guess. Though I wanted to try something different. I guess he misunderstood that when he chose the name of the project but I want you guys to rest assured that “ShiftOS 2” isn’t the final name. I can confirm a few things though.
- I’m working on it.
- Gaming shops will change based on the current year. I came up with this mechanic as it’s easy to program and similar to Histacom’s year system.
- You can definitely buy and unbox consoles at your house using an in-game currency.
BUT, there are a few things he mentioned that are incorrect.
- The project’s codename isn’t “Project: April,” it’s “Project: Ladouceur.” I chose that last minute and forgot to fill him in. Figured it’d be weird to announce a project with that codename around this time of the year, to be honest. So yeah, it’s Project: Ladouceur.
- There is a planned release date for the first indev build – September 30th, 2019.
And there are some things he forgot to mention which I will now.
- Your house will be customizable – you can decorate and furnish it any way you like, just like The Sims.
- We, Bit Phoenix Software, are helping out with this one.
That’s right. We’re aware that Phil has his own life he needs to live alongside developing the game. We decided to join forces with him to help speed development up and keep him from being completely overwhelmed – like the original ShiftOS.
We’ll be providing server space, hosting releases, we’ll be posting dev updates, and we’ll set up areas on the Discord and forum where you guys can discuss the game. Think of it as though we are publishing this game but also helping program it.
So yeah. That’s basically it. I’ll keep you guys posted. 🙂